Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

"Mom, I had the best day EVER!"
So I'm trying not to think of the other 1,825 days that we've spent together when my daughter tells me this upon being picked up from her first day of kindergarten. Nonetheless, today she apparently had the best day ever of her long 5 years of existence. She loved kindergarten and chatted about it all afternoon! Today was a half day, though, so I imagine tomorrow - the first full day - will wipe her out.

What a milestone for our munchkin!
Who doesn't love a little Grape Nuts to start the day off right?
Laugh at me you may for taking a picture of her French braid. But I have been trying to perfect this thing for two years now! Not too bad. You try to braid pure silk and see what you come up with!
Haley dressed in her best pair of pajamas for the occasion.

Future student scoping it out.

Come on in, Hope!
"What?! She's going to be gone all morning? Now what? I'll see what trouble I can get into on the stove before she comes home!"

2 comments:

Jenny McClamroch said...

How sweet!!! I know you must be proud of her! So I don't see any cool fonts on here. Did you try it?

jamullins said...

So cute!!
Okay...I have to ask. Are you going to the Africa Reunion in Branson next weekend? The boys are pestering me to see if David will be there. :) They were telling a David story to some friends just the other day. He made quite an impression!
Have a great weekend!

Julie